Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wont fix Iphone because 'been tampered with'

Im really struggling with what or where to go from here... And it seems a lot of people are having the same problem... My iphone 5c is still under warranty and after taking it to the Apple shop 3 hours of waiting the man comes back and says sorry I cant replace the phone as its been tampered with... I was given no proof or written evidence to tell me why/how or anything... What am I to do now? Is this apple just trying to pass my warranty on? It seems apple are very good at selling there products but not taking responsibility afterwards? Anyone had this issue and what was done? Ive been told I need to have it collected and taken in for testing... Im unsure whether this is just a waste of time to have my phone returned and be told again its been tampered with.... Well yes by your staff!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 1:15 AM

2 replies

Apple wont fix Iphone because 'been tampered with'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.