Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my iPhone 6 replacement at the Apple Store and the model number starts with NG4N2LL/A. My previous model started with M?

I Went to the Apple Store to get my iPhone 6 replaced due to loose home button and they gave me a replacement in a white box. It was made week 42 of October but model number starts with N. Any have any idea if it's normal? And doEd anyone else have the same issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 6:48 AM

12 replies

Nov 27, 2014 7:47 AM in response to Vinay256

Refurbished is the correct term. At least on all of Apple's documentation and the online store, they call it Refurbished.

What it means is it got a new screen, new aluminum backing, and all new internal components if required. It is indistiguishable from a new iPhone in every way.

It works exactly the same as a new iPhone, and has the same exact warranty as a what was left on your other iPhone.

Nov 27, 2014 1:33 PM in response to Phil0124

I don't see where Apple mentions refurbished iPhones. All I see in the warranty is the term 'replacement'.

When I've spoken to someone at Apple directly, the clarification has been that refurbished may simply imply a device has been wiped clean, set up as new, and tested. A remanufactured device is one that has been assembled from individual components, checked first at the component level, and then assembled and checked again. Which is a higher level of quality control than a new iPhone undergoes.

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html

Nov 27, 2014 1:52 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Apple Certified Refurbished

We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
Limited supplies, but updated frequently. Availability is guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.

In the end they are the same general thing.

Nov 27, 2014 2:01 PM in response to Phil0124

Phil0124 wrote:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Apple Certified Refurbished

We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
Limited supplies, but updated frequently. Availability is guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.

In the end they are the same general thing.

That's when you are buying from Apple. I'm talking about a replacement iPhone being referred to as 'refurbished'.

Aug 20, 2015 7:29 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I just received a refurbished(term the apple person used) iphone 6 from the apple store. I cracked the screen on my original phone and was told i needed to leave it overnight or could take a refurb. I hope there's a new battery in the refurb because it definitely doesn't have a new shell. I can see small .5 mm marks on the corners that don't rub out and the back silver 'pin-striping' has some black marks on it. Also, there's a 1mm scrape or something where the case meets the glass near the speakers. I saw the phone come directly out of the refurb packaging so I doubt these marks happened from store to me. Glass looks perfect though and phone works ok so far. the marks don't bother me, but i would be more concerned if the battery isn't new.

I got my iPhone 6 replacement at the Apple Store and the model number starts with NG4N2LL/A. My previous model started with M?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.