Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac keeps waking up or it just doesn't want to sleep.

My 2009 iMac wakes up spontaneously or doesn't want to sleep. I have made sure no keys were pressed, no programs running, and the system doesn't wake from network activity. Is there a way to fix it? It all started as soon as I installed Yosemite.

Thanks!

iMac, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 6:29 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2014 6:37 PM in response to bootcrash

I had a problem similar to this and the problem was my mouse (what kind of mouse is on the Mac?) - it was so sensitive that very minor vibrations (like a door closing or a big truck driving by) would cause it to wake up the computer when I had put it to sleep. I simply power down my mouse after putting my Mac to sleep and the problem went away. Turn on the mouse and move it a bit and the system would wake up when I wanted it to, not randomly any longer...

Another possible issue is waking up from network accesses - this is in the "Energy Saver" System Preferences pane (in the Power Adapter tab) - do you have other computers or devices that might be trying to access the iMac while it was asleep?

Good luck...

My iMac keeps waking up or it just doesn't want to sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.