Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus move screens by itself

i have an iphone 6 plus 64mb, i got it 1 week ago. it seemed fine at first, but then a couple of days ago i noticed it seemed to navigate it self. it seems to be getting worse, to the point i cant even use it. screens open randomly and wont close. i tooks it out of the case to see if the screen protector was the cause, it didnt help. What should i do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2017 7:07 AM

Do you suspect any apps that could've done this? I have two Iphone 6+. In one, I had an app called "D-Link Lite.". While I didn't have it on the other. Few months of having the 1st (the one that moves by itself) Iphone6+, and it started to move by itself. I suspected it was "D-Link Lite", so I deleted it. And the craziness was gone. Sometimes, it comes back but atleast it's not as crazy as it used to... Hope this helps.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2017 7:07 AM in response to ggbigdaddy

Do you suspect any apps that could've done this? I have two Iphone 6+. In one, I had an app called "D-Link Lite.". While I didn't have it on the other. Few months of having the 1st (the one that moves by itself) Iphone6+, and it started to move by itself. I suspected it was "D-Link Lite", so I deleted it. And the craziness was gone. Sometimes, it comes back but atleast it's not as crazy as it used to... Hope this helps.

Apr 20, 2015 3:59 PM in response to illustratorblog

Same problem. It's not fixed, but I have been able to control it, for the most part.

It worked fine for 6 weeks after purchase. After I installed a couple of new apps, it started acting possessed --but only when I plugged it in....it fires up text messages, pulls up websites, scrolls by itself...crazy stuff. It also loses it's touch-screen ability whenever the phone is plugged in. I went to the Genius Bar and they gave me a new phone. The second one was fine for the first few days, and then I finished reinstalling the rest of my apps (a meditation app, fitness app and a security system app) and it started acting crazy again. It's possible that there's a screwy app in there, but Apple is so restrictive about its app code for developers....

When it started up again with phone #2, I watched it for a bit and thought possibly something was lingering in memory that was the feeding the poltergeist. So, I shut the phone off completely hoping to clear the memory. I turned it back on plugged it in and the freaky behavior was gone -- except for the touch screen issue. I simply can't use touch screen while the phone is plugged in, but at least it's not on my nightstand pinging, scrolling and clicking its way through my contacts list. It may also be that the crazy behavior is still trying to start up, but because my screen is locked, it's unable to make anything happen. (I do still notice a couple of random shifts on the unlock screen but nothing else happens.) So, temporary solution. Just before you plug it in....shut it down. Then restart it, plug it in and the crazy behavior is eliminated.

May 26, 2016 6:48 PM in response to ggbigdaddy

I am facing this issue with my iPhone for past few weeks.. Driving me crazy.. AT&T support could not solve issue - they just keep asking to try so many things like restart, reboot, restore when I think this is a widespread issue and they should just replace the phone.. Now my phone is out of warranty but for something which clearly looks like a defect do I need to discard a $1000 phone after 18 months and pour another $1000 into Apple?

May 26, 2016 7:00 PM in response to manas.kar

manas.kar wrote:

.. AT&T support could not solve issue - they just keep asking to try so many things like restart, reboot, restore when I think this is a widespread issue and they should just replace the phone.. Now my phone is out of warranty but for something which clearly looks like a defect do I need to discard a $1000 phone after 18 months and pour another $1000 into Apple?

AT&T does not provide warranty support for the iPhone, that is what Apple does, and they are equipped to diagnose the problem much better than AT&T.

manas.kar wrote:

Now my phone is out of warranty but for something which clearly looks like a defect do I need to discard a $1000 phone after 18 months and pour another $1000 into Apple?

As roaminggnome stated, an out of warranty replacement is much cheaper than a new device.

iphone 6 plus move screens by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.