Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I begin typing in search bar it quits unexpectedly after first letters out tap iOS

after updating the iOS two times ago, my search function began quitting as I began typing in the search bar. After I type the first letter, the keyboard blinks away. It is so irritating. Now when I add a photot from my camera roll to an email, whether in i mail or through the gmail app, it also quits unexpectedly.

ANy ideas? I am ready to look at the nexus 9 tablet. This update mini has been plagued with issues since I first got it.

sadly enough... crowgrrl

iPad, iOS 6.1.4, i have the new ipad mini

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 7:52 AM

Hi Crowgrrl,

If you are having issues with your iPad search quitting and difficulties adding photos to email, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPad -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPad as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2014 7:52 AM in response to Crowgrrl

Hi Crowgrrl,

If you are having issues with your iPad search quitting and difficulties adding photos to email, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPad -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPad as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Apr 18, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Crowgrrl

I Am still having this issue where after I type the first letter the keyboard disappears.

i Have tried both solutions and get a temporary fix by taking off "always show results" but this is just a quick fix. I have updated from 8.1 and now just updated to 8.3, but the problem still exists.

reading the forum this is obviously an issue that other customers are having , so my question is,when can we expect Apple to resolve this?

When I begin typing in search bar it quits unexpectedly after first letters out tap iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.