Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi printer (Brother DCP-J315W) not working after Yosemite 10.10.1

We have a wifi printer with an ethernet cable to a Technicolor TG582n router. My husband's pc (Win 7) is able to print wirelessly. I was able to print from my Mac (OS X 10.10.1), although sometimes I had to turn the printer off and on again. I was trying to fix this problem when I deleted the printer but when I went to add it again, it was not offered. I have updated the driver software. I have tried using the printer's IP address with both IP Protocol and LPD but I get the message "Unable to verify the printer on your network. Unable to connect to "xxxxxxxxx.o64" due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?"

Have tried turning it all off and on but to no avail. On the Printers and Scanners window, the Default printer is Last Printer Used, and I cannot change this.

Going slowly doolally!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 11:44 AM

Try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system

If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

Network Printer Troubleshooting

Troubleshoot Printing Issues - Yosemite

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2014 11:44 AM in response to fairygodmother00

Try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system

If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

Network Printer Troubleshooting

Troubleshoot Printing Issues - Yosemite

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

wifi printer (Brother DCP-J315W) not working after Yosemite 10.10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.