Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Finally Managed to get rid of "Mackeeper" and "Dynamic Pricer" POP Ups

This is actually not a question.

I was suffering for months now...It became totally impossible for me to open Safari without immediately being submerged by "Mackeeper" or "Dynamic Pricer" pop-ups.

I searched for a solution to get rid of Mackeeper for months without success: ( Please refer to the link for better description of the problem Do not install MacKeeper)

I totally had given up finding a solution for Mackeeper, until i accidentally came across a Free SW (adware) called AdwareMedic while I was trying to get rid of "Dynamic Pricer".

It actually solved both my problems ...

Am so excited that I decided to share this great finding.

I hope that those who have been infected by these malware will appreciate the hint.

Cheers

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Malware; Mackeeper, Dynamic Pricer

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 2:13 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2014 3:33 PM in response to emoband

emoband wrote:

i accidentally came across a Free SW (adware) called AdwareMedic while I was trying to get rid of "Dynamic Pricer".

Thanks for the tip! However, just to clarify, AdwareMedic is not adware - it is an anti-adware app. Adware is the name for the software that injects ads into your web browser, and it is that software that AdwareMedic can be used to remove.

I Finally Managed to get rid of "Mackeeper" and "Dynamic Pricer" POP Ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.