Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.1 How do I open links on accessibility voiceover?

A friend and myself are having trouble opening links on accessibility voiceover, for example when he receives a text message with a YouTube link we're unable to get it open despite the hyperlink. The one tap option works when accessibility is turned off, but when we turn accessibility on it simply won't open, and just reads the message contents.

This problem has been driving us crazy. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 7:04 PM

tap twice on the link. This is the way in mail. I expect it is the same in messages.

Bob

3 replies

Nov 29, 2014 1:35 AM in response to Kenneth from swaffham

Yes Bob you are right there, And thats how its been working in IOS 7 My Mate love it But its a pain in IOS 8 and just a job to work AS i've been trying to sort it out for him SO i update my iPhone 5S to IOS 8.1,1 to see if it was better on the update And can not get it to work on it I just wish i could put IOS 7 back on his phone as he love it I have put his phone back to factory setting's and down loaded it again and its just the same Its a pity as with his sigh not so good he love that part of the phone

Regards Kenny

Dec 6, 2014 2:22 PM in response to Kenneth from swaffham

At long last the hyper link is working with voiceover in IOS 8, So just will have to pop over my mate's and update his phone to 8,1.1 when you tap it two times and keep your finger on it Then it say open' then got to tap it two more times then it go to link This is how it should have worked from the start on IOS 8 But some times it would but must of the time it would not But there you go Apple all way;s get there in the end

Regards Kenny

iOS 8.1.1 How do I open links on accessibility voiceover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.