Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new internet service provider and now my Apple TV won't work. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Changed ISP and can't figure out how to "find" new internet and reset password.

Apple TV, change Internet Service Provider

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 5:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2014 2:27 PM in response to DanceforJoy

Hey there DanceForJoy;

If I understand correctly you have a new ISP, but your Apple TV is not seeing the Wi-Fi network available to join. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article, named:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If you're unable to see your Wi-Fi network

Choose Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi and check if you can see any Wi-Fi networks. If you can see other Wi-Fi networks, the issue may be isolated to your Wi-Fi network.

1. Check for any obstructions and adjust the location of your router or Apple TV; also check for sources of potential interference.
  2. If your Wi-Fi network is configured as closed or private, it will not broadcast the network name to Wi-Fi devices.

You can join a closed or private network by choosing Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi > Other and entering the Wi-Fi network name, security, and password.

3. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router or modem by turning it off and then on again.
  4. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware.

For an AirPort Base Station, refer to this article for information about firmware updates. For third-party Wi-Fi routers, check the manufacturer's website for details on updating your firmware.

5. Verify that other devices can see and connect to your Wi-Fi network. If other devices cannot connect to your Wi-Fi network, contact your router manufacturer.

If after attempting the above steps, your Apple TV still cannot see any Wi-Fi networks and other devices are able to see and connect to your Wi-Fi network:

1. Restart your Apple TV: Choose Settings > General > Restart.
  2. If you can connect to the Internet using an Ethernet connection, verify that your Apple TV is using the latest software by choosing Settings > General > Software Update. If your Apple TV can be updated, install the update and test again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

I have a new internet service provider and now my Apple TV won't work. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.