Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Pair bluetooth for calls, but can't listen to podcasts

I have Jabra and Plantronics bluetooth headsets. Both pair fine w/ my iphone 5, but non-call functionality has disappeared. I used to be able to listen to podcasts and audio books through the headset, but in the past year they stopped supporting this functionality. They work fine for talking, voice dialing, and Siri.

I have seen a lot of references resetting all settings after recent iOS updates, specifically for music pairing issues with cars. I tried this (forget the pairing, reset all settings, and pair) but it didn't change anything. The device re-paired without difficulty and calling functionality works without a hitch, but other audio playback does not recognize the device.

Has anyone solved this issue? Is this a typical case of Apple going out of their way to force proprietary product purchases?

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 6:58 PM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2014 6:05 AM in response to zoarpirate

Hi zoarpirate,

If you are having an issue with your iPhone not playing podcast and other non-phone call sound through your Bluetooth headphones, and have already tried resetting without any change, I would suggest the next step is to back up any data on your iPhone and set it up as a new device. See this article for how to do so -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Can Pair bluetooth for calls, but can't listen to podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.