Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new Asus monitor gets pink lines after my mac mini enters power saver mode and then wakes up. how do I prevent this?

I have a brand new Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 gigs ram iOS 10.10.1 and for some reason after the computer enters power saver mode, and then wakes up, occasionally my Asus PA248 Display has pink lines, once I either restart the computer or the monitor they go away, but how do I prevent this. Both are brand new, as in less than a week old so this shouldn't be happening. I've already tried replacing the HDMI cable, but still the same thing happens.

Mac mini (Late 2014)

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 8:13 PM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2014 6:54 AM in response to radb519

Ok, so it's been a few weeks and a huge nightmare. I've since reset the PRAM, reinstalled the OS, returned my display for a new one, taken my mac mini in to the genius's at the apple store where they finally established that it was the logic board and exchanged my computer for a new one. I brought it home last night and transferred everything from the backup only to find the same thing happening.

Has anyone heard of some sort of compatibility issue between the mac minis and the Asus PA248? or is anyone else having this issue with their brand new mac mins?

Mar 9, 2015 8:05 AM in response to radb519

I am having the same problem with a brand new mac mini and new Asus PA248 monitor. After waking from sleep the display is entirely pink through which a flickering view of the desktop can be seen. I am in dual monitor monitor mode, using the PA248 as a second monitor. The primary monitor works fine. A reboot of the computer fixes the problem until next system sleep. Have you discovered any solution to this problem?

My brand new Asus monitor gets pink lines after my mac mini enters power saver mode and then wakes up. how do I prevent this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.