Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search won't play sample sounds or music

I'm running Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 on a G5 Quad-core Mac in OS 10.5.8.

I'm still learning Soundtrack Pro, so I may simply have some control set wrong, but when I do a Search for music or sound effects, and try to play a sample, I only get a fraction of a second of sound, maybe a note or two, or just one chord. Sometimes I don't even get that, just a little blip of sound, or a click or a crackle.

For example, in the Search tab, if I choose Music Beds, and click on one of the beds, I might get one note. If I choose Instruments, and (for example) Piano, I might get a chord, or a note or two, and then it's suddenly cut off.

Aren't the music samples suppose to loop, or at least play for a few seconds each?

Can anyone tell me how to get the music and sound samples under the Search tab to play correctly?

Thanks!

Tom

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 5:22 PM

A couple of days have gone by with no response, so I'll follow up my own question. I fixed the problem by deleting the Soundtrack Pro application and its plist from my hard drive, then dragging another copy of the program onto the drive from a second hard drive (this Mac has two drives in it, with Soundtrack Pro on both of them). I suppose a fresh installation of the program from the original Studio disk would have accomplished the same thing.

Now Soundtrack Pro operates as it should. It plays the music and samples, and when one is dragged to a track, it plays it smoothly (whereas before there was a lot of crackling and hesitation).

I guess sometimes an app breaks, or gets corrupted somehow, and you can't fix it, so you just have to trash it and reinstall a fresh copy.

Tom

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2014 5:22 PM in response to Tom Baker1

A couple of days have gone by with no response, so I'll follow up my own question. I fixed the problem by deleting the Soundtrack Pro application and its plist from my hard drive, then dragging another copy of the program onto the drive from a second hard drive (this Mac has two drives in it, with Soundtrack Pro on both of them). I suppose a fresh installation of the program from the original Studio disk would have accomplished the same thing.

Now Soundtrack Pro operates as it should. It plays the music and samples, and when one is dragged to a track, it plays it smoothly (whereas before there was a lot of crackling and hesitation).

I guess sometimes an app breaks, or gets corrupted somehow, and you can't fix it, so you just have to trash it and reinstall a fresh copy.

Tom

Search won't play sample sounds or music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.