Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Air restarting when asleep since installed 10.10

My MacBook Air restarts when asleep. My Air is a mid-2012 model running MAC OSX 10.10.1 with 8 GB of RAM, i7 chip and 256 GB SSD. This problem started when I upgraded to 10.10. I have reinstalled OSX but it has made no difference. When the computer is left for an hour or so, it restarts and I am presented with a new startup login screen when I seek to use it again. I have run Disk Utility (repair disk and permissions) as well as Tech Tool edisk to rebuild the volume. Nothing has alleviated the problem. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 13"

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 1:41 AM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2014 10:25 PM in response to PJRS

I do have the box checked to log in after sleep. But the computer is shutting down all open programs and restarting. If I have a program open that requires a Save before shutting a file, that halts the process and when I go back to the computer it has the Save dialogue up. If no file needs to be saved, all programs are shut down and the computer shows a full login screen (user name plus password), instead of just the password screen as when waking from sleep. Got me beat!

Apr 25, 2015 10:27 AM in response to wadjela

I have been having this problem for 2-3 months. I see the problem was solved for you, but for me the above didn't help. But a few days ago I realized that I had turned 'Guest User' (Login options) on right about the time the problem started happening. I turned that back off and the problem has gone away.

Mac Book Air restarting when asleep since installed 10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.