Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep my iBooks on my iPad

iPad2 Recently had to go through "recovery mode" to fix another problem. Had to put all my books back on to the ipad from my imac backup. All of the books had the "cloud - arrow" symbol. I downloaded a couple. Today did another backuop and sync. All of the books are back on the cloud with a cloud symbol. How do I keep my books onto the ipad where I can see them and keep them there. especially when I am not in a wifi area or perhaps when I'm in airpl;ane mode?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 2:24 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2014 2:32 PM in response to macruleswhyproblem

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article What can I buy from the iTunes Store in my country?.

You should re-download them using the Mac's iBooks app then sync with your iPad.

Nov 29, 2014 2:43 PM in response to ckuan

I will try your suggestion and let you know. As far as I recall, I restored from my iMac backup not iCloud. And, as I mentioned, I did download some books in iPad iBooks app after they were in the cloud upon restore. After that I then backed up to the iMac then sysnced - with first transfering purchases - and all of the books were back in the cloud. Let me double check my sync because my PDFs are gone too..... I'll get back to this discussion. Gads my first Mac in 1984 was trouble free...

Dec 1, 2014 7:56 AM in response to ckuan

First, the PDFs. I probably forgot to choose them to be synced in my last sync from my iMac.

But ... when I went to sync today, although the sync "selected books" options was checked, none of the books were checked. I had to again check the books that I wanted and sync again. Right now everything seems to be as I want it, except for the ability to delete pdfs that were transferred to my Mac. I understand that is another issue.

Thanks for your help.

How to keep my iBooks on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.