Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 freezing after WiFi signal drops

Anyone else having recurring OS freezing and hanging problems after a sudden WiFi signal drop?

The phone seems fine on WiFi for a period of time, sometime hours, sometimes days but then all of a sudden the signal strength drops to one and everything goes crazy. Trying to turnoff WiFi from the control center doesn't have any effect (it looks like it's off but the wifi indicator remains on). If I try an go into the settings app, it comes up as a blank white page and hangs. Sometimes I can go back to the home screen, sometimes not but the phone will freeze up solid or eventually reboot. If it reboots or I do a hard reset the wifi switch is grayed out and can not be enabled.

If I perform another hard reset the wifi switch will sometimes be accessible again but the phone seem unstable. It will reboot randomly or simply freeze up. The last time it froze on the apple boot screen and I had to put the phone into recovery mode to restore it.

I have iOS 8.1.1 installed and have done a dozen hard resets and restored as a new phone from iTunes twice in the past week. It's driving me nuts because the phone just seems unstable.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 12:28 AM

Exactly same problem here with iPhone 6 64 Gb and ios 8.1.1. I tried to disable wifi and i have no more freezes till now, i dont know if i going to change it on apple store or not...

10 replies

Dec 3, 2014 3:57 AM in response to coletrain98

I have reset the modem everytime this happened. That is why I believe this could be a software problem between iOS 8 or iPhone 6 wifi and the band in which the airport express communicates.

Today I have disabled the airport express and began using the wifi from the HUB of my internet provider. So far no drops on wifi signal no freezing, no crashing. Connectivity seems much faster and clean now. Lets hope it keeps this way.

iPhone 6 freezing after WiFi signal drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.