Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message Forwarding Driving Me and My Wife Crazy

Hi,

I've tried to disable the message forwarding so that I can send and receive messages in peace without my wife having to see them / be annoyed by them popping up on the screen. I disabled my iMessage account, but she just sent me a test iMessage, and it still caused a "Ding!" It just shows up as "New Message" and there's no content, but why is the "New Message" showing up at all? I'd like it to be like the old days, where I could text and not have everybody in the world read it. This feature may be great for single people, but it's hella scary for people in couples. Thanks for your help.

Mac mini (Late 2014), iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 10:56 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2014 11:15 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks, everybody. We don't share an Apple ID, though. She just sees the messages because we have a family computer which is signed in to my Apple ID, I guess. She doesn't want to log in under separate usernames because it's too time-consuming, she thinks, but maybe I'll have to create a user for her. I know these handoff features are supposed to be helpful, but it's been a case of the road to **** being paved with good intentions for me.

Message Forwarding Driving Me and My Wife Crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.