Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iphone 6+ very very slow charging. 6% increasing in 1 hour charging.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2016 7:33 PM

My iPhone 6 getting hot and very slow charging,it like 10% in 45mins.am on iOS 10.1 pls ll like to get to know the solution trough hardware.i ve try many things tocorrect the problem but same.am sure it hardware problem what can I do

13 replies

Nov 30, 2014 7:19 AM in response to Acunavio

How are you charging it? Are you using the included cable and charger? Are you plugging it into the wall? Or are you charging it from the USB port on a computer? What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

The phone will charge best using the included cable and charger plugged into a wall outlet. If that's what you're doing and you're still having problems, you should try a couple of things. Have you tried resetting your device by pressing and holding the Home button and power button until the apple appears? Try a different cable. Try a different charger. Try a different outlet.

If everything fails, make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

May 30, 2015 5:46 AM in response to Acunavio

I am having the same problem. Bought iPhone 6+ in Oct 2014. I've done all the things you have done and that have been suggested to you. Including teying charging in wall, differemy sockets on different breakers, different cords...in the car...

getting relt frustrated rates and it seems I'm not the only one. does anyone know if there has been a known problem? Is there a fix?

Mar 15, 2016 2:50 PM in response to Acunavio

Acunavio.... Others:

My Phone is a 6+ 128GB 4 months old. I had this issue for the first time today ... I"m assuming you figured this out already based on date. It's now March 2016 and iOS 9 so I'll go ahead and answer for others that are yet to experience this issue.

Use a 12W iPad charger for your iPhone 6/6+. Jumps it like a car charger to a dead car battery!

Unfortunately I tried everything else. I was one step away form the Apple Store. If this is truly the only answer then apple owes all users 12 Watt chargers. I'm hearing they may have a charger

I thought it was my power strip, then plug then cable, and outlet. I was in a hurry, the phone was charging but very slowly. The "lightning bolt charging" icon was showing but the phone was charging. VERY SLOWLY. Until I used my 12W charger, cords, plug and all (12 Watt is a standard issue w/ iPad Pro ... previously were 10W).

You can always try the Airplane Mode While Charging or just Switch it off.

Either way don't forget to power cycle every day or so. Resolves so many issues including performance.

Good Luck!

Paul

Nov 19, 2016 8:16 PM in response to Dezytun

Dezytun wrote:

My iPhone 6 getting hot and very slow charging,it like 10% in 45mins.am on iOS 10.1 pls ll like to get to know the solution trough hardware.i ve try many things tocorrect the problem but same.am sure it hardware problem what can I do

If you believe it's a hardware problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.