Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing is not "asking permission"

We have family sharing set up on our daughter's iPad. The "ask to buy" switch is on under iCloud settings. When she tries to buy it on her iPad, she touches the button "ask" but I do not receive any notification on any of my devices. My iPad and iPhone both have family sharing set up. And all of our devices are running the most current version of iOs.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 7:46 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2014 7:40 PM in response to Slur obstruction

I've been having this same exact problem for months. I am the organizer for my family and I don't receive the notifications after my daughter "asks" to buy an app. I occasionally receive the request on my Macbook, but never on my iPhone. My wife, however, who is also in the family as a parent/guardian, receives all of the ask to buy notifications on her iPhone when my daughter "asks". Anyone else figured out a fix to this problem yet? I can't find the answer anywhere.

Family sharing is not "asking permission"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.