Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD Air2 NO SOUND

Dear Management of Apple,

I am user in Thailand.

I just buy Ipad air2 128 G + cellular on 24 November pass Apple store.

On Friday 28 November DHL curia sent it to my office, Saturday 29 I opened the box and start charge battery my Ipad. Then I start to use it but it NO SOUND out for my new Ipad. On Sunday 30 November I try to call to 001-800-441-2904 tape said the office is closed. In same day at 18.30 pm. I connect my Ipad to my Imac and move some movies to my Ipad.

Then I start to use my Ipad but it NO SOUND out from my Ipad, I try to restart it and try to read feed back of Ipad user from internet but till now I can not fix it.

Remark: this Ipad it not first apple products for me I have Ipad1,2 ,4 and last year I buy Ipad air. I told you again I try many way for SOUND of my IPAD but it still NO SOUND out from my new Ipa air2.

The question HOW can I do with my ipad.

How Apple will help me?

Please Note my Serial Number DL*******5YP

IMEI *****

PLEASE HELP ME.

Best regards,

Cherdsak N.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 5:58 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2014 11:04 AM in response to GLOCKBKK

Hello there, Cherdsak.

It can certainly be disheartening having an issue with a newly purchased device. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting issues with sound on your iOS device:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Follow these steps and test the sound after each one.

1. Go to Settings > Sounds and drag the Ringer And Alerts slider to turn the volume up.
  2. If you can hear sound from the speaker, then the speaker works. Continue with these steps to find the setting or switch that's affecting the sound. If you can't hear sound from the speaker, contact Apple Support.
  3. Make sure the Ring/Silent switch is set to ring. If you can see orange, it's set to silent.
    User uploaded file
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Open an app that has music or sound effects. Adjust the volume with the volume buttons or the slider in Control Center.
  6. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
  7. If there's still no sound, connect a headset. If you can hear sound through the headset, remove it and clear any dust or debris from the headset jack of your device.
  8. If the device is in a case, make sure that the case doesn't block the speaker.
  9. Use a brush to gently clear any debris from the speaker and Lightning connector (or 30-pin dock connector). The brush should be clean and dry and have soft bristles.
  10. Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

If you followed these steps and still hear no sound or distorted sound, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

IPAD Air2 NO SOUND

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.