Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone say I have more photos when it is not true?

Hi, I have an iPhone 5s 16GB iOS 8.1.1. My problem is that when I connect my iphone to my computer and check itunes it says that my photo sections is consuming 3,05 GB and that I have 828 photos, but when I check my phone, it only shows 475 photos, and it really bums me out to know that it is consuming more space than what it should really be using. I've searched everywhere = no solution. I really want to fix this and find where are those other pictures that are consuming my space.

Any help?

Thank you for reading.

-Rodrigo

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 4:55 PM

7 replies

Nov 30, 2014 8:24 PM in response to KingRod

User uploaded file

I'm having the same issue. not only is iTunes saying that I have 2.06 GB used and 72 photos but my iPhone as well. When I go to usage and go to photos camera it says Photo Library has 2.0 GB. In reality I only have 36 pictures. I already disabled the photo stream and iCloud and even restored my iPhone to a computer backup and its still showing the same. Please help anyone.

Mar 5, 2015 9:40 AM in response to KingRod

I managed to get rid of the phantom usage. Restoring iPhone and resetting the phone settings/data do not work for me.

I had to move the Date on my phone earlier by 1,2,3 months and found the phantom photos in the Recently Deleted Folder. Next, I deleted the photos manually from the Recently Deleted Folder and the usage got freed up from my iPhone.

Hope this works for you

Apr 12, 2015 9:53 PM in response to sheriannekay

To set your date back:

Go to Settings

General

Date & Time
Turn off where it says "Set Automatically"

The date will appear and if you select it you can manually change the date. I set mine back a year just to be sure I went back far enough.

Then go to Photos

Albums

There should be a "Recently Deleted" folder

Go in there and delete all and that will free up your space.

Don't forget to switch your date back to "Set Automatically" when you are done deleting the old photos.

Why does my iphone say I have more photos when it is not true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.