Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not syncing

Hello, i need some help i've been having this problem for a while now. when i plug in my ipod nano to the latest version of itunes i get a pop up that says an ipod has been detected but cannot be identified. What do I do to fix this I can't manage any of my music on my ipod. any help is very much appreciated

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 7:06 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2014 11:15 AM in response to trooper3455

Hey there trooper3455;

If you are still unable to sync your iPod because the computer cannot properly identify it, I would use the troubleshooting and information in the following article to help you get that resolved:

iPod nano: Error message saying that iPod could not be identified properly

Start with these steps, and there are more within the article if you need them:

Restart the computer

Sometimes, simply restarting the computer can resolve this issue.

Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is installed

iPod nano requires Apple Mobile Device Support, which should be automatically installed with iTunes. To verify whether it is installed, follow the steps appropriate for your Windows operating system below.

• Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel. Open the Add or Remove Programs control panel and verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs.
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click Start and select Control Panel. Click Uninstall a program (or if using Windows Vista's Classic View of the Control Panel, click Programs and Features) and verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs.

If Apple Mobile Device Support is not listed, remove iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, and Apple Application Support, and then reinstall iTunes. Follow the steps appropriate for your Windows operating system below.

If Apple Mobile Device Support is still not installed, follow the steps in this article.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

ipod not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.