Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite server network and home folders

Hello again,

On Yosemite server, I have for the moment OD with network accounts on "local only" that i'd like to change to network home directory (a.k.a. network home folder).

1- Where is it best to create that fileshare on the server to accomodate network home directories? in /, in /Groups?

2- Still the same place if I consider having mobile networked homes that synch in and out?

3- I also did not understand the wake on demand, sleep proxy in this discussion: Network accounts missing home folder after waking up

I read About Wake on Demand and Bonjour Sleep Proxy - Apple Support but do not see why removing In System Preferences, Energy Saver, deselect "Wake for network access help in anyway network home directories to pop back up?

4- Can anyone answer for me "mdsnj'' 's question : "Perhaps you can clarify one more thing for me, What good is a Local Network User account with a "Local Only" home folder that can't be used by outside services?" in Local Network User with Local Only or Services Only Home Folder Setting

François.

Mac mini, OS X Server, Yosemite Server, ACTC

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 9:44 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2014 5:20 AM in response to estrois.me.com

Pay attention., there is a bug in the Yosemite clients: do not use the "Users" folder on the server for the network users. The clients will be not able to mount it and, despite the fact that anyway you can login, finder will always hang.

I suppose no matter the name of the network user folder but not "User". Very likely, in Yosemite clients, this result in a conflict with the local "Users" folder.

Notice that with previous OS version clients, the problem does not exists!

TOPIC

Yosemite network users cannot mount home directory

Dec 1, 2014 6:47 AM in response to gattomatto

OK' I wont make Network Users' Homes homes in(local users) /Users or the /Users itself, and it was not my intention in the first place as I asked where is the best place to create them?

So where is the best place to create a fileshare that will host the homes of network users?

And when these network user take an iPad and use WebDAV, should I make that File Share for Network User Homes acessible by WebDAV?

Francois

Yosemite server network and home folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.