Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when I remove my sim card? Can I put my sim back in and it will remain the same or is my data deleted?

If I was to remove my sim from my iPhone 6 and put it into another phone to use for the night, what happens to my data on my iPhone 6?

Will everything remain the same (e.g. photos, messages) when I put my sim card back in my iPhone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 2:08 AM

Nothing will happen if you remove your sim card from your iPhone 6. The only thing that will happen is that you will not be able to use it as a phone - you will have no service.

Nothing is stored on a sim card of an iPhone - iPhones cannot store data on a sim card - everything is stored on the phone itself, with syncing via iTunes.

You can take the sim card out and nothing will happen to your data - it is all stored on the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2014 2:08 AM in response to georgeewyx

Nothing will happen if you remove your sim card from your iPhone 6. The only thing that will happen is that you will not be able to use it as a phone - you will have no service.

Nothing is stored on a sim card of an iPhone - iPhones cannot store data on a sim card - everything is stored on the phone itself, with syncing via iTunes.

You can take the sim card out and nothing will happen to your data - it is all stored on the phone.

What happens when I remove my sim card? Can I put my sim back in and it will remain the same or is my data deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.