Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I photo 9.6 not opening despite library upgrade as instructed

I tried to update i photo to version 9.6, after downloading it from the app store, it said I needed to run a library upgrade, which I did.

After trying to open i photo 9.6 after running the library upgrade, it is still showing the message saying I need to run the upgrade.

I'm getting rather concerned now as EVERY photo of mine is in i photo, and we had twins a year ago!!!

I'm running yosemite.

Someone HELP.

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 4:57 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2014 5:15 AM in response to LukeJen1

I tried to update i photo to version 9.6, after downloading it from the app store, it said I needed to run a library upgrade, which I did.

Which iPhoto version did you have before? iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier? Is the old version still installed? Then remove it. It could be, that your Dock icon is till linked to the old iPhoto version.

If you had iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier, you need to run iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader . Download the installer, install it, run it and select your iPhoto Library in the upgrader. Have you done that?

If your iPhoto was newer than 7.1.2, you only need to double-click the iPhoto library to let iPhoto upgrade it.

Where is you iphoto library stored? Do you keep it in the default location in the Pictures folder or on an external drive?

I photo 9.6 not opening despite library upgrade as instructed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.