Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone4S to Apple TV mirroring

Hi, Hoping this is an easily answered one! I can airplay easily from my phone but not mirror, the little toggle mirroring button doesnt appear when I select the Apple TV. I wouldnt even have noticed but my friend who has the same phone was able to mirror her phone screen onto my TV in a second! Does anyone know how I could fix that? It's not a problem with the ATV end as hers worked so I'm thinking I might have switched something off somewhere??

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 8:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2014 6:22 AM in response to glasmale26

Hello, glasmale26.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to mirror your device to your Apple TV, but other devices are not experiencing this issue. I would start with going through the attached section below. Also, make sure to restart all devices as well.

• Verify that your iOS device's software is up to date.
  • Verify your Apple TV's software is up to date.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your iOS device and turn on Wi-Fi.
  • Connect all AirPlay-enabled devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
    Go to Settings > General > Networkon your Apple TV to see which Wi-Fi network it's connected to. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Wi-Fi and confirm it's on the same network as your Apple TV.
  • With peer-to-peer AirPlay, an iOS device can stream to Apple TV without first joining the same Wi-Fi network. Find out if your iOS device can use peer-to-peer AirPlay.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4215

Cheers,

Jason H.

Iphone4S to Apple TV mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.