Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring data to Iphone 5s

When trying to transfer data from my iphone4 to iphone 5s I get that my Iphone 4 is not up to date but itunes says it is at 7.1.2. I cannot continue to do the back up. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 2:40 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2014 8:04 AM in response to Wayjobo

Hello there, Wayjobo.

When having issues with backing up your iOS device, the following Knowledge Base article offers up a great checklist of steps to try for troubleshooting:

If you can't back up or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes - Apple Support

I would recommend starting with these initial steps and then working your way down, if the issue persists:

Update your software

Restart your computer and your iOS device

After you restart your computer and iOS device, try to back up again.

Unplug your other USB devices

Keep only your iOS device, keyboard, and mouse plugged in. You need to plug your device directly into the computer.

Free up space

To back up or restore from backup, you need to free up enough space on your hard drive to store the backup or the capacity of the device.

If iTunes can't restore the device because not enough free space is available, follow these steps:

1. Choose Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.
  2. Try to restore from the backup. You may need to restore from a smaller backup or create a new backup.

Check your security settings

You may need to update, configure, disable, or uninstall your security software.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

transferring data to Iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.