Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't view Apple Trailers with my updated QuickTime 10.4, nor with the 7.0 version I went and downloaded, is there a fix for this? Everything worked fine two days ago.

I can't view Apple Trailers with my updated QuickTime 10.4, nor with the 7.0 version I went and downloaded, is there a fix for this? Everything worked fine two days ago. I installed the older version (7.0) but I can't find it anywhere. In my downloads, once installed it still looks like I just have the newer version (10.4). I have tried clearing my search history/cookies/everything. Can't get iTunes trailers to work.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 3:10 PM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2014 8:18 AM in response to McNinch9573

Hi McNinch9573,

Welcome to the Support Communities! Are you asking about the iTunes Movie Trailers? Are you able to play any of the trailers on this site?

iTunes Movie Trailers

Installing QuickTime Player 7 - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-is/HT201288

If you work with older media types or have a legacy media workflow, then you can install the QuickTime Player 7 application on Mac OS X Snow Leopard and later.

Compatibility

OS X includes QuickTime Player (version 10.x) which handles most media playback needs. Only Install QuickTime Player 7 if you work with older media types, have legacy workflows that are not supported by the newer QuickTime Player application, or need to use your QuickTime 7 Pro registration key.

QuickTime Player 7 version 7.6.6 works with the following OS X releases:

• Snow Leopard
  • Lion
  • Mountain Lion
  • Mavericks

Installing QuickTime Player 7

Choose your OS X version from the list below for information on how to install QuickTime Player 7.

Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks

1. Download QuickTime Player 7 from here.
  2. Double-click "QuickTimePlayer7.6.6_SnowLeopard".
    Note: This download is compatible with Mac OS X v10.6 or later.

QuickTime Player 7 will be installed in your Utilities folder.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Mar 15, 2015 1:45 PM in response to mrbradj

Do you really expect Apple to play nice with anything that Google does? Apple does not care about Google.

Steve Jobs famously said "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this" So no, do not expect Apple to play nice with or care about anything Google.

I can't view Apple Trailers with my updated QuickTime 10.4, nor with the 7.0 version I went and downloaded, is there a fix for this? Everything worked fine two days ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.