Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you mark a Final Cut clip's audio track so that you can go to the same place in Soundtrack Pro?

My Mac is a G5 quad-core (4 X 2.5 GHz) running OS 10.5.8.

I have a video of an hour-long interview with a World War Two veteran that I'm editing in Final Cut Pro 6.0.6. I'm sending the audio into Soundtrack Pro (v. 2.0) to clean it up and edit it. So I'm round-tripping between Final Cut and Soundtrack Pro as I go along editing this video.

The trouble is, when I see a place in the interview (in Final Cut) where I want to do some audio editing, and I control-click the audio into Soundtrack with the "Open in Editor" command, the playhead in Soundtrack is not at the same place it was in Final Cut. So I have to search around in this hour-long audio track until I find the place in it that I want to edit. This is wasting a lot of time.

So my question is: is there a way to mark the audio track in Final Cut so that when I send it into Soundtrack, I go to the same place in Soundtrack that I was in Final Cut?

Tom

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 6:50 PM

There are no replies.

How do you mark a Final Cut clip's audio track so that you can go to the same place in Soundtrack Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.