Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013 & iiyama ProLite XB2779QS-S1: Max 1920x1080 Px?

When I connect my MacBook Pro with an iiyamaProLite XB2779QS-S1 Display, using a DVI-D Cable and a DVI-D to Mini Display Port adapter, the maximum resolution I can select is 1920 x 1080 Pixel. The native resolution of this monitor is 2560 x 1440 Pixel - when I connect it to my old MacBook Pro (15" Early 2008), running with OS X 10.6.8, I can select and operate this resolution without problems, connecting via the DVI-D.

Any ideas?

Thanks and all the best.

Anders

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 12:10 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2014 10:17 AM in response to AnBal

Hello there, AnBal.

When working with External Display with your MacBook, the following Knowledge Base article provides some very useful information:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

In particular this section may be useful for your particular issue:

How do I select additional resolutions on my display?

You can use the Display pane of System Preferences to specify how your display works. Not all options appear for all display models. By default the best resolution for your display will already be selected in System Preferences.
User uploaded file

To select a different resolution, use the Scaled option. Some additional resolutions may be available when you hold the Option button.
User uploaded file

Helpful related articles

These articles may offer additional assistance and information about displays and video adapters:

If you tried all of these steps for your display and the video issues persist, contact Apple technical support or take your Apple computer to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013 & iiyama ProLite XB2779QS-S1: Max 1920x1080 Px?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.