Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vertical lines on iphone screen

User uploaded filethis is what happen to my iphone 6 after i bought it for 3 days..white lines appeared on the screen suddenly.any idea why it happen?any other user facing the same problem with me?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 7:27 AM

I have the same issue now on my iPhone 7.

It just started suddenly.

I've tried restarting the iPhone and resetting the iPhone to factory settings and it's still happening.

Please let me know what can I do to solve the issue ?

24 replies

Aug 28, 2016 4:10 AM in response to Joseph909iphone6

Basically i recently found out about this and its not exactly this but its happening on lots of Iphones where on the top of the screen there is a flickering line. Apple are offering no repair or solution mainly because they do not know what is causing it, but some believe its due to the bending of the phone when warm. whether its the same or not i don't know but it is certainly very similar.

Nov 12, 2016 4:18 AM in response to Tech_All_Around

The main thing you forgot to mention is that you have permanently forfeited your right to have the device serviced or replaced by apple by tampering with it.

iPhones are not user serviceable. If you want to take the risk of destroying your phone completely and forfeiting the ability to get it replaced, that's your choice, but advising people here to do it is just plain irresponsible.

Oct 31, 2017 11:30 PM in response to mynameisdotdot

Ok my story goes.. just bought this iphone 6 and there stated ios 11.0.0 .. been through a series of OTA update until this probs of ios 11.0.3 my mental brain... the two update before its seem everything is ok but got a probs to audio volume that will not go even i restarted the phone.. well that bugs fix after update to ios 11.0.2 and im enjoying every good of this lord driven device. Then nightmares starts to come in.. after update to ios10.0.3 at first seems no probs until my mobile career aren't appear anymore in screen and not looked up so much on that bcuz regarding communication at office i always use whatsapp messenger even for a call with my son or any other contact.. just imagine an iphone without a career just rely on wifi networking things.. so ive return this phone to vendor and they say can't do anything above that since ive already software update to ios 11.0.3 which the person told me about worldwide stories myth on ios 11 is not stable and full of bugs.. but i dont really care any of those endusers mumbo jumbo where as im myself is iOS App Developer and my tools is always MacbookPro with backup blablabla with icloud if sync with any Simulator previous i had(iphone/ipad) so as u see this ordeal on reverted back to previous ios i did it anyway.. backup first d phone with icloud via mac.. At first it seems got probs regarding restored all backup which the wifi security wont let my mbp icloud to accessing apple server, lucky one of my network guy colleague disable that part of things which now my iphone are be back like normal with mobile career and stuff but.. haha the screen got line exactly whts everyones in whinning here.. im so frustrated with all u guys the tech team whom making nightmare for all of us here.

vertical lines on iphone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.