Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email screen is frozen how to fix

EEmail screen is frozen how to fix

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 5:18 AM

Close the mail app and reset the iPad. No data will be lost or affected.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2014 5:18 AM in response to RebeccaBurns

Close the mail app and reset the iPad. No data will be lost or affected.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Next, reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Dec 5, 2014 3:38 AM in response to RebeccaBurns

Hi Reb

I have 2 clients with the exact same problem. Since the iOS update 8.0 their mail apps launch run for a while then kick off to a black blank screen and crashes the mail app, this brings them back to their desktop.

I have done everything from factory restores to changing their mail account types from IMAP/POP/Exchange MAPI this does not solve the problem. We have taken it in to our nearest iStore and they have stated that nothing can be done and that we should hope that the next iOS update fixes the issue. I believe its an OS bug crashing the iOS mail app. I hope APPLE team look into this as if there is no fix on the next update i am going to recommend my clients revert to an older version of iOS and you know what an ordeal that is and what all that requires.

I will keep you posted on my findings but in the meantime i don't think anything can be done.

Regards Rob

Feb 1, 2015 4:38 AM in response to introuble67

Hi Introuble

Sorry have not been logged in for a while now.

I'm afraid we never managed to find a solution, i have still not received any form of feedback back from Apple Support nor our local iStore.

The only option we have left is to find away to manipulate the iPad in order to accept a previous version of IOS but this is tricky as being Apple they will make this virtually impossible and require some sort of know how. The other option is to unblock it and load a an unlocked version of OS. This creates its own forms of issues, i do not fully recommend it however if Apple cannot fix faults on their IOS systems users are left with very little option.

My clients just ended up buying new IPADS in the end. I will be taking their old devices and unlocking them so they are still functional for them.

Well done Apple thanks for zero help yet again.

Jul 28, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Pilkiey

HI pilkiey-

I know it's been awhile and your clients just ended up buying new iPads, but I was wondering if in the meantime you encountered it again or continued to work on the problem and found a solution. I'm still having the problem and went through all the same steps as you stated. I Just really don't want to have to buy a new iPad But I guess that's looking like what I'll have to do. I'm just worried that it'll end up doing it again with the new one also.

Thanks.

Email screen is frozen how to fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.