Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus keeps restarting after battery drain

Hello.

I recently was talking with FaceTime with my iPhone 6 Plus charging (the battery was very low). I unplugged it for a few seconds so I could connect it to my Mac, but it shutted down. Now it keeps doing the same thing:

-Boot up

-Shut down

-Show battery icon with red

And it repeats.

Well, it didn't start doing this long ago, only a few minutes. What should I do? Leave it for a few hours or do something? Please help quick!

Info:

iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1.1 with 16 GB memory

By the way, when I unplug it, it will stop doing it.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 10:58 AM

Did you try to shut it down by pushing the sleep button?

Usually you'll have to let it stay connected to the adapter for at least 10min, then start up the phone or connect in recovery mode, as explained in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

17 replies

Feb 25, 2015 12:06 AM in response to PinguRares

Did you ever find a solution? My battery on my 6 Plus drained all the way down. Phone wouldn't turn on. Put it on charger that it normally charges with and get:

1.) Battery with slight red indicator

2.) Phone restarts

3.) Gets all the way to my home start up screen then turns off

4.) Cycle and repeat

I can't get past that and it doesn't seem to be charging (has been over an hour). Just a never ending cycle of rebooting. I have tried

1.) Using different cables and outlets/charger bricks

2.) Holding on/off and home button to try to force restart

Nothing works. 😟

Nov 1, 2015 8:53 AM in response to PinguRares

I too have had this problem. It has now happened on 2 different Iphone 6 Pluses. I just received a replacement one from ATT due to an insurance claim. I did the trick of holding down the button until "connect to itunes" came up and left it that way. The other way I have been able to get this to work is plugging into a higher amp charger. I have been using my ipad or a 2.1 amp charger.

To me it seems like it gets voltage but just enough to kick it on and then it runs out of juice. I suspect it has to do with the software misreporting how much battery the phone actually has. I have noticed when mine actually does come on it's almost always at 4%. I assume the software is telling the phone don't boot until you reach 4% or whatever the percentage is. The phone that continually reboot like this must have a problem with that piece of the software. Just my hairbrained theory.

Mar 12, 2016 1:04 AM in response to mnadder

I tried this trick and it didn't work. I knew it was a software problem rather than a battery problem because the phone would get to the home screen and then immediately shut down, However, it wouldn't charge neither with the original charger or connected to my computer (USB).

I was able to resolve the problem by charging the iPhone with an IPAD CHARGER.

When I am in a rush and want to charge the iPhone fast, I usually connect it to my iPad charger.

After connecting my iPhone to the iPad charger, my iPhone rebooted and the home screen stay on long enough to unlock the phone. Once it was unlocked, it kept charging. The battery level that trigger the phone to keep shutting down after battery drained was 2%.

I hope this trick would help others. I was afraid I had to wipe out my iPhone or get a new one. It just went out of warranty so I was not going to get a free replacement.

Good luck

iPhone 6 Plus keeps restarting after battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.