Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Over Won't Record any longer FCPX 10.1.3

I was in the middle of recording voiceover for a project on FCPX 10.1.3, the recording was working fine, and then when I hit the red record button it wouldn't begin countdown nor will it record. I've trashed my FCPX preferences and rebooted, still having the same problem. Please help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OSX 10.9.5

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 12:53 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2014 1:34 PM in response to kelseyj03

Hey there Kelseyj03,

If you are still experiencing this issue where Final Cut Pro X is not recording anymore, I would use the other troubleshooting steps you have yet to do in the following article, named:

Final Cut Pro X 10.1 and later: Troubleshooting basics

Start with these steps, and work your way down the article as needed, if needed:

1. Restart your computer

Restarting your computer resets Final Cut Pro X related system resources. It's the simplest thing you can do to troubleshoot Final Cut Pro X issues.

4. Ensure Final Cut Pro X is up to date

If you are actively working on a project, avoid updating or upgrading Final Cut Pro X until you are finished with the project. Either complete the project in the version of Final Cut Pro X you are currently working in, or be sure that you have a current backup of your events, projects, and Final Cut Pro X. This is so you can revert to the previous state that your data and the application were in if updating or upgrading to the latest version of Final Cut Pro X does not address your issue.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Voice Over Won't Record any longer FCPX 10.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.