Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus replacement refurbished?

Hello, I recently sent my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB to Apple for repair. After checking the repair process Status, it said product replacement pending. I was just wondering if I'm going to get a new model or refurbished model? I'm hoping its a new model and not a refurbished one. Anyway, anyone know if Apple even have refurbished models yet since the iPhone 6 has only been out for 2 months and how long it might take for my iPhone 6 Plus replacement to ship? I really do hope it's new as I paid $1,000 for a new iPhone 6 Plus

and I still had warranty if that matters.

thanks!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 5:01 PM

13 replies

Dec 2, 2014 5:06 PM in response to Luigidude15

It may be new or refurbished. There should be no way for you or someone at an Apple store to tell the difference. The replacement phone will come from service stock. If it is refurbished, about the only thing that might not be new would be the logic board.

Given the popularity of the 6 Plus and the lack of stock on them around the world, it is unlikely that it would be refurbished at this point anyway. It's possible, but I don't believe that many refurbished ones are in the channel yet.

Dec 3, 2014 2:02 PM in response to Vinay256

Well I just got mine today and both serial numbers start with F2LN and then change. I don't know If there is a way to tell if a phone is refurbished by the serial number. The model number also starts with an N on my replacement iPhone 6 Plus. Did your old iPhone 6 also start with DNV for the serial number?

But the phone does look like Brand New but except for the fact that it came in a white slim box and not the original packaging. But I suppose Apple doesn't include original packaging with new replacement models since we already have the headphones, charger, manual, etc so they only give us the new iphone in a replacement box.

Apr 18, 2015 11:07 PM in response to johndnyc

Hello, my iphone 6+ had microphone issue and went to the store for checking. Apple Genius found out it was hardware issue, so I got a new phone at the store today. The phone was from a sealed slim box without any accessories. I asked the Apple Genius about whether it was refurbished or brand new, she said it is new phone that they have in stock for phone replacement. Don't know she was honest or not, the phone looked brand new and everything is flawless like a new phone to me. She handed over to me to let me check before she helped me with the setup process. The model number starts with N, and I know my original one starts with M. So, there is difference between the two even they are the exact same color and memory size. I wouldn't worry about it though, since it still have warranty. If there is anything wrong, I just go to the store and get another one. It is Apple, it backs its product 100%.

Apr 24, 2015 10:08 PM in response to T for Tiger

My replacement iPhone 6+ had new issue. Now it is the front camera. I hardly ever use the selfie camera for anything, so I didn't know until a week later. It just stop working and I found out by accident when I pressed the camera switching button by chance. Went to Apple store, explained to the AppleGenius and demonstrated the issue. 30 minutes later walked out with another replacement iPhone 6+ that came from a sealed slim white box. I checked the model # at setting of the phone, it also starts with "N". Again, I can not tell it is refurbished phone or new, because the phone looks brand new, not even a scratch. Hope this is the last time I need to do replacement phone, but I am glad that I discovered all these issues before my one year warranty is up.

Mar 18, 2016 12:22 PM in response to Luigidude15

When i had my iPhone 6 last summer, mine had a random overheating issue. The replacement was mint except that the bezels had a dark stain and pressing the home button would cause pressure on a certain section of the display, thus I assume it was refurbished. Not only that, but the battery also liked to skip percentages while discharging, leading me to assume that they are indeed refurbished. However, this usually isn't true when the latest iPhone is recently released as far as I understand.

iPhone 6 Plus replacement refurbished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.