Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts on Yosemite

I just upgraded to Yosemite and I am unable to enter any new information or new contacts on my MacBook Pro permanently or have the newly entered information sync with iCloud. Contacts and entering new information on my iPhone 4s works fine. When I go to iCloud through Safari, I can add new information. My MacBook receives the new information, but nothing that I input in the Contacts application on my MacBook Pro get saved nor does it sync with iCloud. What's up with that?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 5:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 10:25 AM in response to randers4

I am having the same problem, using Yosemite on MacbookPro. Have done as suggested, but problem persists with new data entered.

Restated, New contact added in MBP is not saved and is not transmitted to cloud. Data entered in iphone5 goes to cloud and then to MBP. Calendars works just fine in all devices.

In another thread I read of users seeing multiple requests to log in to iCloud on startup. I too have had this occur. May be related.

Contacts on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.