Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terminal bash 3.2$

Hi,

1.My Terminal comes with bash 3.2$ instead of defaults. I did check bashrc, bash_profile but still it remains the same.

2. When i try to install a new software it says unidentified developer, i google but i found temporary solutions please let me know why its happening.

Thanks !

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 9:15 PM

6 replies

Dec 3, 2014 7:41 AM in response to naresh523

naresh

the specifics are fine, but the context isn't...

Quoted from  Apple's "How to write a good question"

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.

From ChitlinsCC: "Keep It Short and Simple" - Take your time... but be thorough

regards

ÇÇÇ

Dec 3, 2014 8:11 AM in response to naresh523

As to No. 2: It is a Mac OS security feature called Gatekeeper. Go to System Preferences > Security&Privacy > General tab and you can change your options there (however, it is not a good idea to override the security features permanently because a lot of software may include unwanted additional malware put there by dubious sites); see the article here:

OS X: About Gatekeeper - Apple Support

If you want to override it once, simply control click on the installer and let it install.

Someone else will need to chime in for #1.

Dec 3, 2014 3:29 PM in response to naresh523

1.My Terminal comes with bash 3.2$ instead of defaults. I did check bashrc, bash_profile but still it remains the same.

The default prompt should be the hostname: CWD user

A prompt of bash 3.2$ occurs if you run bash as a command. With the terminal open look at Preference->Profiles and select the profile you are using. Select the Shell tab. Is there anythgin set in the Startup Run Command field (most likely it is set to bash) clear it out.

Terminal bash 3.2$

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.