Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod is an old 60gb classic and wont switch on, how can i get it fixed if at all?

my ipod has sat in a drawer for a few yrs as i have an iphone but i decided a wanna use it for the house and when a when to charge it, it can up with a ipod on the screen and a triangle with a " ! " inside it. cant restore am i able to take it into an apple store and get help fixing it if it is possible.

iPod classic, Other OS

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 8:40 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2014 9:56 AM in response to fridge1985

Hello fridge1985,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that on your older iPod you are seeing an icon of an iPod with an exclamation point. Please take a look at the information below on what this means, and how you can try to resolve the issue.

Sad iPod icon with exclamation point

User uploaded file

This also relates to the diagnostic software noted above. The icon means that the disk scan was not able to recover the hard disk data. When this happens, try the steps here first.

iPod iconology or what does this picture on my iPod mean? - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

my ipod is an old 60gb classic and wont switch on, how can i get it fixed if at all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.