Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th Gen., 32GB iPod touch with iOS 8.1.1 won't backup at all.

Since August 31st, 2014 my iPod Touch(5th Gen., 32GB, 8.1.1) hasn't backed up to iCloud at all. I've tried resetting it(from Settings) and restarting it(pressing the lock and home button at the same time until an Apple symbol appears). All it says is "The last backup could not be completed.", and when I try to back it up it says "About 15 minutes remaining", then it quickly changes to "About 16 hours remaining ", but it doesn't progress from there. What should I do? Someone already told me to delete my previous backups but that hasn't helped at all. And from what it tells me, it's only taken 2.8GB of the 5GB, so I don't think space is an issue... On a side note, when I updated the software to iOS 8.0.2 it shuffled some of my photos on my Camera Roll, is there any way to put them back into their choronological order?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.1, iPod touch (5th generation) 32GB

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 10:25 AM

1 reply

My 5th Gen., 32GB iPod touch with iOS 8.1.1 won't backup at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.