Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari getting slow

hi,

I am using macbook air. When ever i work on safari and try to open a webpage it takes too long to open a page. Many a times blue bar stops and start again. I have to keep refreshing it many times.

When the web page opens then even youtube works properly and I can listen online songs without interruption. (This is just to tell you that internet speed is fine).

I am using WIFI.

Please help me if something is wrong in safari or elsewhere. At times its highly irritating.

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 9:57 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2014 10:51 AM in response to dev1987

Hi dev1987,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The resources below will provide some basic troubleshooting steps for your issue. Hopefully one of these will help.

iCloud: Troubleshooting web browser issues with iCloud.com - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203534

Troubleshooting the cache

Most web browsers use a feature called "caching" to display frequently used information, images, and web resources. Caching stores or "caches" this information on your computer, so your computer doesn't have to download the same information every time it visits the same webpage. Caching makes subsequent visits to the same website or webpage faster.

To clear Safari's cache on a Mac (Safari 6.0 and later)

1. Close any open Safari windows.
  2. Choose Safari > Preferences > Advanced.
  3. Select the checkbox labeled "Show Develop menu in menu bar".
  4. Close the Advanced window.
  5. From the Safari menu bar, choose Develop > Empty Caches.

Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203387

When loading webpages in Safari 5.0.1 or later, you might experience the following:

• Slow performance
  • Partially-loaded pages
  • Webpage "cannot be found" message

Your DNS server(s) or your router might be affected by DNS prefetching in Safari 5.0.1 or later.

First, try a different DNS service

Try a different DNS service, such as one of the DNS services below. This will test to see if the root cause of your issue lies with your selected DNS servers.

For information about how to change DNS settings in Mac OS X, see Editing DNS and search domain settings.

If the issue persists in Safari, return to your original DNS server settings if desired, then continue with the next section.

If the issue persists, disable DNS prefetching

Choose your operating system below to learn how to disable DNS prefetching.

Mac OS X steps to disable DNS prefetching

1. Open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities).
  2. Execute the Terminal command below to disable DNS prefetching:

defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean false

3. Quit Safari, then open it again and test for the issue.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

safari getting slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.