Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling iTunes from automatically starting when Headphone plugged in

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro running OS X Yosemite Ver 10.10.1. Whenever I plug in my Apple headphone it in, the iTunes automatically starts and I would like to disable the same. Some times its very much annoying where in, even if I am talking on FaceTime using my head phone, (I am guessing some small movements of headphone triggering this) the iTunes starts automatically and the songs start to play during the FaceTime call.

Does any one know how to disable the iTunes from not starting up automatically, whenever a Headphone is inserted into Mac. I can start iTunes whenever I want like any other application. But I just don’t want any automatic starting of iTunes, when I plug the headphone! Appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 12:22 PM

I think the following solution seems to work:

+ Go to the  - System Preferences - Users and groups //Need admin privilege and unlock to edit etc.

+ Remove iTunes from Login Items

+ Click Login Items

+ then select iTunes Helper and then the - to remove the application

+ Force quit the iTunes if it was already running

Problem did not seem to reoccur in my case. I have not restarted the mac but it seemed to work! Try yours and update please.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2014 12:22 PM in response to rnsarathy

I think the following solution seems to work:

+ Go to the  - System Preferences - Users and groups //Need admin privilege and unlock to edit etc.

+ Remove iTunes from Login Items

+ Click Login Items

+ then select iTunes Helper and then the - to remove the application

+ Force quit the iTunes if it was already running

Problem did not seem to reoccur in my case. I have not restarted the mac but it seemed to work! Try yours and update please.

Disabling iTunes from automatically starting when Headphone plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.