Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Respond with text feature not working on new iPhone6 Plus

The respond with text feature is not working on my iPhone 6 Plus. I got the phone yesterday and restored it from the iCloud backup from my iPhone 5. The setting is enabled in the passcode section of the settings, and all of my previous custom messages are still showing in the list. It will not give me the option to respond to a phone call with a text message whether or not the phone is locked, unlocked, engaged in a current phone call, or not engaged in a call.

I remember having this problem with my 4 a long time ago but I cannot remember how I fixed it.

Any pointers??

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 7:43 PM

Try this:

Go to Settings --> Touch ID & Passcode --> under "allow access when locked", turn on the option "reply with message".

5 replies

Dec 5, 2014 9:02 AM in response to cevers

Update - the option is now available when I am not engaged in a phone call and someone calls me.

When I am already on the phone and I get a second call coming in, I cannot reply with a text meesage, I can only answer the call or send it to voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated. I am getting ready to install the new 8.1.1 update, so maybe that will help.

Respond with text feature not working on new iPhone6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.