Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while accessing app store for first time it is asking for credit card details.. is it mandatory to give???

while accessing app store for first time it is asking for credit card details.. is it mandatory to give???

I don't want to buy any chargeable app, once after providing details if i download free app the also will it deduct money from my account?? Please tell me..

iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 6:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 5, 2014 7:33 AM in response to sankarnani

Hi sankarnani,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If you are using the App Store for the first time with an already established Apple ID, you are required to enter in payment information for that Apple ID. Take a look at the article linked to below for more information.

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you'reusing the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you canchange your payment informationto None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able tocreate an account without entering your credit card details.

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.