Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual SIM adapter for iPhone 6

Wondering if using a dual SIM adapter from China could compromise security? Would be convenient to use overseas since T-Mobile provides free international service, but need to have local SIM too so locals can call and text me without incurring international charges. Item is listed here: http://gusuxinchen.com/order/product_info.php?products_id=114

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 7:23 PM

14 replies

Dec 4, 2014 9:25 AM in response to pogster

Gosh I don't know, I don't have the item. But read there is no need to jailbreak iPhone. My concern is, could using the SIM adapter compromise security, since it does load something in the phone which permits selection and changing of SIM to be used? Could it also have access to my personal information and intercept data I send? Since iPhone is not jailbroken should I be concerned? Just want to be cautious in case I decide to try the SIM adapter. Thanks for any insights!

Dec 4, 2014 9:47 AM in response to ralph-sr

The Apple MFI licensing program has nothing to with jailbreaking. It means Made For iPhone/iPad/iPod. As for the question is it safe, I'm not going to comment as I know nothing about the item. All I know is there are a lot dodgy items out there that are knockoffs and don't play well with products they say are compatible with. It's what's not said thats the troubling part.

MFI FAQs: https://mfi.apple.com/MFiWeb/getFAQ.action

Dec 4, 2014 10:00 AM in response to pogster

Very good point. Not sure how the software is loaded, seems like it configures itself when adapter is installed, I don't know, just trying to make my life easier but of course without compromising my personal information and data. Workable alternative is just to use two iPhones (my iPhone 6 and my old 4S), one with the local SIM and one with my T-Mobile, a little cumbersome but workable. Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge (and comment sense), I am 71 years old, most of my adult life was before the personal computer and cell phone. Sometimes I get ahead of my limited technical competence. Thought maybe someone had experience with one of these adapters and could provide insights. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Dec 4, 2014 10:40 AM in response to pogster

Thanks for all the insights which have made it easier for me to make a decision. Think I will just suspend my T-Mobile account for three months I will be overseas since T-Mobile says expected data speed overseas is just 128kbps, huh, not enough for much more than reading email and light internet surfing, and calls are 20 cents a minute unless on WIFI, great if I were going to Mexico for one week, but not for extended stay. I have an unlocked iPhone and bought a LTE SIM card already for the country I am visiting, and unlimited data is available on the carriers prepaid plan for just $1.00 a day or $23 for the 30 day plan. Have already changed all important my personal contact phone numbers of record to VOIP: Skype, Google Voice, even Comcast. The suspension of my T-Mobile account will more than pay for my local SIM on the data plan. Thanks for everyone taking time to read this.

Feb 5, 2016 4:16 AM in response to taitu'

does anyone by any chance know how to return to STK mode (I'm stuck in 007-mode)

I have an Iphone 6 with iOS 9.2.1 with dual magic-sim

I tried all methods : dialing 007, restart, reboot, enter 007 as my number, trying on an non apple device with my sim

nothing works...

too bad cause it worked perfectly on manual swith before I clicked on this mode accidentally !!!!

thanks a lot for any help

Feb 5, 2016 5:16 AM in response to claireci

claireci wrote:

does anyone by any chance know how to return to STK mode (I'm stuck in 007-mode)

I have an Iphone 6 with iOS 9.2.1 with dual magic-sim

I tried all methods : dialing 007, restart, reboot, enter 007 as my number, trying on an non apple device with my sim

nothing works...

too bad cause it worked perfectly on manual swith before I clicked on this mode accidentally !!!!

thanks a lot for any help

The iPhone does not support dual SIMs.

Feb 5, 2016 6:32 AM in response to claireci

claireci wrote:

my dual magic-sim adapter makes the iphone work with dual sim...

this until I got stuck in 007 mode, by clicking on dual-sim mode

now the iphone does not see the other sim, and does not allow anymore the manual switch between them.

my question was how to get back to stk-mode instead of 007-mode

But you really shouldn't expect it to work as iPhones don't support dual SIMs. Contact whoever made the device.

Dual SIM adapter for iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.