Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Mail crashing with Exchange account

I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on a 2014 Macbook Pro.

On startup Mail crashes immediately with the following error:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'An EWS folder ID string didn't have a corresponding mailbox name'

I have three email accounts (Exchange, iCloud, Gmail) and have disabled each one in turn and Mail opens and works fine with the iCloud and Gmail accounts. So it's definitely a problem with Exchange. In the Mail accounts pane the 'Advanced' tab has a listing for Internal Server Path with 'EWS/Exchange.asmx' listed in the box, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that (given the EWS bit in the error message)?

I've moved the com.apple.mail folder to the desktop and re-opened Mail but that didn't help (I've moved the folder back to where it was).

I can access my Exchange mail from both iPhone and iPad, so the problem seems to be restricted to OS X Mail rather than a problem with a specific email (seems logical?).

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Grant.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 11:19 AM

Delete the Exchange account in the Internet Accounts preference pane, then recreate it with the same settings.

6 replies

Yosemite Mail crashing with Exchange account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.