Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank / partially blank export result from Motion via Compressor

Hi all!

Final Cut Studio 3 / Mac OS 10.6.8

I have a set up of two semi-old iMacs. One is a white 2006 iMac, the other is a 2007 iMac. I work with the 2006 iMac because the screen is better, but as it is slower I would like to send processing jobs to the 2007 iMac as it already acts as a server for many things. So I set up the 2007 as a node. What I am making are UI animation demos in Motion. For example I have a 768x1024 (vertical iPad resolution) px / 60 fps / color (without alpha) / solid background / 8 bit depth project that has two layers made out of Photoshop Exported .png's and a move animation (nothing mind blowing) and I am trying to export it to an Uncompressed Apple Animation with the source settings and millions of colors +. Now when I allow it to segment the jobs (as an example) the result turns out so that the segments that were sent to render on the node (the 2007 iMac) are blank, but the ones that were rendered locally are perfectly fine. When I disable the segmented jobs, it sends it to render entirely on the node (which is ok with me, since I'm just trying to take the load off the 2006 iMac) it comes out as a completely blank checker board. What am I doing wrong? I understand I can just open the files on the 2007 and export them there, but I would really like to not have to walk to it every time, since I export many versions in a matter of minutes.

If I missed any important part of the process, please correct me.

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2006 & 2007 iMac

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 4:58 AM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2014 9:43 AM in response to minim MAXIM

Millions of Colors + is not a "better" version of Millions of Colors - it applies an Alpha channel (Transparency).

Your entire image now has an Alpha channel - hence the checkerboard.

There are genuine reasons for using Alpha channels, such as compositing the output from Motion over something else.

Turn it off - just use the Millions of Colors setting.

Blank / partially blank export result from Motion via Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.