Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location-based reminders not working on iPhone 5S

i've never got to make location based reminders to work on my iPhone 5s on iOS 8. It did not work either on iOS 7 and ir surely didn't on my old iOS6 iPhone 4. i have everything turned on under location services ...can someone suggest a fix? This is very frustrating

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 6:45 AM

1 reply

Dec 5, 2014 1:01 PM in response to PaulMorariu

Hi PaulMorariu,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact issue you are running into with setting up location-based Reminders. If you are having issues setting them up, you may find the following article helpful, in particular this portion:

Use location-based Reminders

To use location-based Reminders, you must turn on Location Services for Reminders. Location Services alert you when you leave or arrive at a specific location.

To turn on the settings for location-based Reminders, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and turn on Location Services and Reminders.

See these tips for location-based Reminders:

• To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address.
  • You can adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
  • Use a specific street address, if possible.
  • A Location Services icon will remain in the status bar as long as you have at least one location-based Reminder not marked as complete.
  • Location-based Reminders are available on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular). Note: Location reminders aren't supported by Exchange accounts.

iOS: Using Reminders - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Location-based reminders not working on iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.