Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Bug: "Show in Mail" link is broken

When creating a new calendar item from within mail (Yosemite 10.10.1 (14B25)) (Mail Version 8.1 (1993)) the "Show in Maill..." link opens the incorrect email. In fact, every "Show in Mail..." link from every calendar event points to the exact same email. Using right-click "Copy Link", EVERY calendar event with a "Show in Mail..." link has the same link: message:%3C008701d008b4$891eb190$9b5c14b0$@securemysocial.com%3E

I have since deleted that email and now all the links point to a blank email: a window opens with the same menu title as the original email, but the window is entirely empty.

The problem is NOT with Mail. It is with iCal. This is because even calendar events created months before that email now have the same link.

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 8:32 AM

8 replies

Dec 5, 2014 5:23 AM in response to NYapple

Same problem. It does not always open the same incorrect email. I haven't figured out the pattern. It seems to find one of the most recent emails that should be linked to a DIFFERENT calendar event.

I only notice it when trying to click the "Show in mail" link.

This feature is very valuable when it works. It used to be reliable on my MacBook Pro, but on iOS it would often transfer me to an email box but not to the specific email, which was useless.

Now it seems to work on iOS, but not on my Mac. I think the problem began with my Yosemite upgrade, but not sure.

This is a problem for me because I love creating events from emails.

Mar 2, 2015 12:35 PM in response to NYapple

NYapple, have you been able to resolve this? I am having the same problem! The bug appears to creep in the moment I open an event that was previously linked to an email (as I can't manually create any new events with working links to emails). If I launch iCal and open any event with a web link, no problem. The moment I open an event with an email link, while it in fact opens the right email, every subsequent event I open ALSO links to the same email. This never happened in Mavericks, only once I upgraded to Yosemite?!

iCal Bug: "Show in Mail" link is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.