Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2013 will not start only fan

I left my Mac charging over night. I had not turned it off but had put it on sleep before closing it. When I tried to use it this morning it did not turn on, only the fan started running and does not turn off. Checked battery levels on side and it does not have any lights on even though it was completely charged. The front bottom on light is off as well. When I reconnect the charger it does not light up. Tried to use shift cntrl option per but nothing happens. Please advise on what to do. I did install Yosemite as my OS a few days ago.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.1, yosemite

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 10:59 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2014 12:40 PM in response to Swess238

Does the MacBook shut down if you press the power button for at least 10sec?

Did you try to reset the System Management Controller?

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

copied from Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

macbook pro 2013 will not start only fan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.