Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Control Problems

I put Parental Controls on my Mac by accident when trying to do something. My account is an admin though. Now it says Parental Controls want to make changes. Type an administrator's name and password to allow this. When I type in my username and password it doesn't work! It says incorect password. Im the only admin on this laptop. Please Help Urgent!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 2:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 7:18 AM in response to 13randen

If any one was wondering heres how i fixed it, I don't remember the exact video I used but it was close to this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxAgiNqkDM

find a video like that for your operating system, just follow the steps then type the command usually in the link, heres the one for that video, I don't know if it works or not. All you need to do is to find the command for your operating system I don't know if its different but thats how I fixed it,

Process 1 -

mount -uw /

launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist

ls /Users

dscl . -passwd /Users/username password

reboot

Process 2 -

mount -uw /

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

shutdown -h now

Parental Control Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.