Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD SP 4.2.2 suddenly not reading discs

Hi all

About a month ago I created a short film with FCP 7 and ran into problems when I tried to create a DVD from DVD Studio Pro as it appeared that my drive on my iMac was malfunctioning. So, I went out and bought a new Apple drive. I had no further problems and through five or six iterations managed to create DVDs until everyone was happy with the final copy.

Fast forward a month and now people would like copies of the DVD. Using the same raw files I open DVD Studio Pro and create a menu, linking a button to the track and check it in Simulate. It works perfectly.

I put in a DVD+R and am told that I've entered in a blank disc, I opt for Ignore.

But when I press of Burn (or Build/Format) I get the message "Please insert acceptable DVD recordable media"

These are the same files, DVDs from the same pack of blank discs and a drive that is only a month old (and recognises the disc anyway) - why am I suddenly having problems burning?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

[DVD Studio Pro is 4.2.2 and OS X is 10.9.5]

I'd ve very grateful for any help!

Thanks

Aidan

DVD Studio Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 2:42 PM

1 reply

DVD SP 4.2.2 suddenly not reading discs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.